Terms and Conditions
Booking & Payment
- Upon accepting our quote (verbally, txt, email, fax or any other means), we deem that you have read, fully understand and will comply with all of our terms and conditions.
- A deposit payment may be required at the time of booking to secure a date.
- Final payment is due and expected on invoice/day of completion. Outstanding accounts over 5 days will incur a 10% penalty fee unless prior arrangement is made. All costs incurred in the collection of overdue accounts are payable by the debtor.
- Scheduled dates may be subject to unexpected change.
- Payment may be made by cash, cheque or direct deposit.
- Once date is secured and the deposit is paid, it will not be refunded, but dates can be changed.
Floor Polyurethaning & Maintenance
- Three coats of polyurethane are standard. Additional coats are available, please ask.
- Polyurethane longevity is dependent on traffic conditions and maintenance imposed by client.
- We recommend maintaining your floor with advised maintenance products only.
- Polyurethanes are generally able to be walked on in 24 hours depending on weather conditions.It is the client's responsibility to make arrangements as necessary so as to avoid contact with polyurethanes during curing time.
- Polyurethanes require 3-7 days curing time and should be protected whilst curing.
- Floors should not be covered, nor furniture replaced, until curing process is complete.
- Platinum Floorsanding cannot be held liable for marking to floors after job is complete.
- It is not the responsibility of Platinum Floorsanding to protect floors after job completion.
- Platinum Floorsanding reserves the right to change job specification as necessary in order to provide the most appropriate finish for the floor.
- In commercial and residential buildings where there is artificial lighting including downlights, you may notice a swirl or cobweb effect on the coatings. This is caused by an exaggerated reflection on the coating from the lighting.
- Do not expect boards damaged by borer to have the same gloss level as those in good condition.
- Platinum Floorsanding Limited is not liable for damage to property which is beyond our control.
- We are limited by the condition of your floor as to the finish you receive.
- If you have any questions regarding your completed floor, you are required to contact Platinum Floorsanding Limited within 5 days of job completion.
The Floor Sanding Process
- It is the client's responsibility to ensure rooms are completely empty of furniture and other tradesmen at the start of work. We always endeavour to do the best job we possibly can with the conditions we are given to work with, work in and work around. If there are other tradesmen working on or around the property, we are not liable for the final outcome.
- If rooms are not left empty, Platinum Floorsanding cannot be held liable for any damage that occurs during removal of furniture.
- We recommend that floors are completed as the final part of a project.
- Small amounts of dust will be produced.
- Although due care and diligence will be exercised by Platinum Floorsanding, due to nature of machine work, decoration and skirting may be liable to marking. Platinum Floorsanding cannot be held liable for marking of skirting boards or walls nor the cost of redecoration.
- Sanding and finishing a timber floor is a skill acquired over many years. Bear in mind that, as all the work is done by hand controlled machines and applicators, there will be evidence of this in the floor. As you live on the floor it will gain character and a feel that is unique to your home. This is all part of the beauty of owning a timber floor.
- We can not be held liable for other tradesmen's workmanship e.g. paint flakes, tiler’s spills, plasterers dust in cracks, denting from ladders and other tools, silicone, work boots and scuff marks etc. Any silicone on a floor will cause rejection of subsequent coats of polyurethane. Silicone or silicone based products also include air fresheners and aerosol sprays etc.
- Platinum Floorsanding Limited and its Directors, Shareholders, Employees and Sub-Contractors can not be held liable for any damage caused to property.
- We may not be able to remove deep cuts and gouges. It will depend on how deep the cut or gouge is.
- We may not be able to remove stains from within the boards and around nail holes such as animal urine and water marks, residue from glue and the backing of carpet underlay.
Our Hours of Work
- Where possible hours of work will be 7.00am-5pm, Monday to Friday. However, due to the nature of the polyurethaning process, we may have to make site visits at any time including weekends.
- Timber Floor Gap, Hole, Gouge etc Filling
- We will punch nails and fill nail holes and gaps at the end of boards with the appropriate filler.
- We do not fill gaps between floor boards, as due to the natural atmospheric moisture variations, movement of timber filling will ultimately fail at any time.In some instances, we may be able to trowel fill a floor which has been laid on concrete as movement is lessened, however we do not fill floors which are sitting on joists due to it's constant natural movement. Eventually filler used between gaps in floorboards will crack, dislodge and look unsightly.
- Any holes that are bigger than nail holes may have a sunken appearance when filled.
- We do not guarantee a filler colour match. We are limited to light, mid and dark brown.
- Repairs will be made as necessary to make the best floor surface unless otherwise instructed by client.
- Supply of reclaimed timber is in accordance with market availability.
- Reclaimed timber cannot be guaranteed the same colour as existing timber and cannot be guaranteed worm-free.
- Testing and removal of asbestos must be carried out by a suitably qualified tradesman.
- Platinum Floorsanding Limited and its Directors, Shareholders, Employees and Sub-Contractors will not be held liable for any asbestos related damage or incident to persons or property.
Timber Floor Colouring
- All colour samples are representative and may vary due to individual conditions.If different timber species have been used, Platinum Floorsanding Limited takes no responsibility in any difference of the finished colour due to inconsistent timbers.
- Once colour has been agreed, verbally or otherwise, any changes will be chargeable at full job rate.
- It is the client's responsibility to check colour at moment of application if a true representation is required. Re-colouring will be chargeable at full job rate.
- Due to nature of application technique, skirting may be marked during colouring. Platinum Floorsanding cannot be held liable for marking or redecoration.
- You are likely to get some variation in colour and grain between new and old boards and staining may also produce a two tone effect.
- We can not guarantee the finished result of reglazing as we are limited to the current condition of the floor. Silicone, air freshener sprays, aerosols, cooking oils, alcohol, cleaners etc. can all contribute to the floor being contaminated which could sit in cracks or seep in to certain areas of the floor which could react with the polyurethane.
- Please be aware that a reglaze cannot be done on a floor which has worn through to the bare timber. You will require having your floor completely re-sanded and re-coated.
- Some lines, dents, scratches, drag marks chips etc may still be visible, even after being attempted to be filled. Please refer to our conditions regarding filling for further information.
- Sanding machinery requires 240v in ready supply. It is the client's responsibility to ensure their power supply is in appropriate condition to undertake work. There must be a minimum of two power outlets available.
- Platinum Floorsanding Limited can not be held liable for electrical faults during and/or after the floor sanding and coating process.
- Standard rubbish removal is included in the job price unless otherwise stated. Additional rubbish removal for discarded carpet etc can be discussed during the estimate.
Special Offer - Competitors Quotes Matched or Beaten
- To qualify, we must be satisfied that the competitors quote is genuine (written or original quote on letterhead must be sited and surrendered), issued within the past 30 days and includes like for like products and services. Verification will be required and price matching or beating is at the discretion of Platinum Floorsanding Limited and may be subject to change at any time without prior notice or liability.
- Work is to be carried out within 30 days of our written quote. (Exceptions at the discretion of Platinum Floorsanding Limited).
- This offer is only valid to match or beat competitors quotes once and will not be re-matched a second time.
* Platinum Floorsanding reserve the right to update the terms and conditions on a daily basis at their discretion.